After They All Died

Even though I don't have any actual experience with this, I was watching trailers and clips for movies that have war in them, and I just got to thinking. Those kind of movies or tv shows always kinda impact me, and those clips inspired me to write something for those who do know what I'm talking about. I don't know that it's my best work, but it's heartfelt.



War is the time to smile
Fighting is when you laugh
Because you see all the blood
And you first witness death

War is the time for sorrow
Losing marked by the tears on your face
Because of devastation
Brought on that wretched place

Everything inside of you
Was ripped out as you cried
Surely you can't go on
After all your friends have died

After the war is memories
Remembering all those times
Because if don't keep the treasures
Depression keeps your life

After the war is the funerals
And flowers set on the graves
Kneeling and weeping and asking why
They're gone and you were saved

When everything inside of you
Was ripped out as you cried
How could life ever go on
After all your friends have died?

Just go on living
After they all died

Comments

Popular Posts