Art Inspired

Waves and waves
It never ends
The darkness doesn't change
The shadows never bend
The nighttime rolls around
And stars dot where they can
The moon shows up to shine
You're still holding my hand
Even when the night is gone
And the sun shines where it can
It never changes
You're still holding my hand.

Trust is a melody 
Stretched between words
Hung between branches
Played under hurt
Balanced on tightropes
Strung out on wires
Trust is a harmony
Of silent nights and blue skies.

Light lingers on skin
As the insides come out
Where your fingers begin
When the darkness shouts
Heaven still slumbers
While our limbs become heavy
Light undercover
Under covers
Keeping us steady.

Softly it sharpens
The colors come in
The underside shudders
When the window opens
Boldly it outlines
The pastels define
Flowers, they're blooming
Their leaves side by side
Veins pulse with color
Soft sharpness uncovers
Flowers, they're blooming
They reach for each other.

My brain is a pond
It always has been
With lily pads for little frogs
To play their games on and in
And sometimes things go smoothly
And sometimes they fall apart
Sometimes my frogs have maybe
A little too much fun with my heart
The pond is often messy
And frogs throw my stuff around
But in the end it's still my brain
And I prefer it this way:
Unbound.

I started out small
Tiny steps at first
I wanted to see just beyond the horizon
I thought it would quench my thirst
But I suppose I was born a wanderer
Tiny steps led to giant leaps
And now, standing here on my mountain
I'm glad I gave in to my dreams
Because the horizon, you see
Is as far off as you want it to be

Some say angels aren't real
Some say they live in the stars 
Or in the sea 
Or in our hearts
Some say angels are good things we hear
Or good things we say
Or how we get along
But I know the real angel
It's my mom
It's in her songs 
It's the she wraps me up tight 
She sings me to sleep and wards of the night
My mom is an angel, bright, deep and wise 
I see it in the way she loves me with her eyes

Which part of the tree are you? 
Are you the roots, dug down deep in the earth, friends with the dirt?
Are you the trunk, growing steadily upward and outward, strong and proud? 
Are you the branches, reaching out further and further like you could taste the stars in a century or two? 
Whatever you are, you are still the tree.
We are the tree. 

There's a space in the sky
And another under the ground 
Whole worlds and daydreams fly by
As time zips round and round
There's space to learn and space to sing and space to lie down 
And after I've done my learning and singing
I'll visit the world below the ground
I wonder how deep us the sky there 
I wonder how thick the air
I wonder if the underground stars sing

Have you found a higher place for your even bigger dreams?
Have you launched your dream boat, set to set afloat on the currents of the sea? 
Have you tried to dive in deeper waters than you've ever seen?

I love the colors of the world around me
I love deep violet, the color of a mystery
I love halcyon, the color of serenity
I love baby's breath, the color you can barely see
I love twilight, the color of the evening
And starlight, the color of a dream
And off-white, the color always hovering
I love the colors in the world around me

Make no mistake: I know where I am
I know where I turned
I know where I ran
I see the end
I see where I came from
Backward or forward, I am never alone 

Well, now it's just melting
To leave some clarity
At the base: a mess of feelings
At the end: reality
Suffice to say I didn't plan it
The backward drop into the road
But as far as problems go
This one I already know
And I'll take it nice and slow 

You slither into my heart
But I don't want to shut you out
You balance on the edge but I don't want to pull you down
You lean around the world and sing the sun to life

Tiny bits of yesterday came knocking at my window
Apparently I'm ahead as well as slow 
Can anything be more beautiful than the empty smell of snow?

You are a noise
You are a song
You are a watermelon sky
Laughter is a musical and you carry the notes so high
I'm reeling: my treasure child

I knew you had it in you
I knew you had a song
I knew you had an adventure inside you all along
If I'm to be believed
And I am, it's true
You are the prettiest thing I ever wanted to hold onto

It was subtle, barely moving
Just a shudder, just a cry
When the earth, it started singing
The echo felt, throughout the sky
It was wonder, it was terror 
It was light, it was a sigh
The day was dawning, the song was silent 
But still heard, by you and I

I thought it was going to eat me 
I thought it came to feed
I thought it was a monster from the deepest of the sea
I thought I was a goner
I thought I'd soon be dead
When the softest of motherly touches
Came down to hold my head
And I heard a whisper 
The sweetest kind of song
One that wrapped me up and told me that here is where I belong

They said "simple"
So I said "fine"
And then I drew line after line after line
It wasn't grand and it wasn't shining
But it was simple and it was mine

Honeycomb and moonshine 
Watermelon skies
Nightingale and rooster
Sun always eager to rise 
Arms up in the morning
Feet down every night
Comfort in the blankets under stars
After twilight

All roads lead to the stars
All dreams begin in the heart
All days require a start
Ask colors speak in song 
All creatures sing along
All roads lead to the stars

Comments

Popular Posts