Never Leave


There are just some things that do not change
Like the sun, the moon, the wind and the rain
But I'm talking about things of the heart
Some things that often seem to stop and start
There are just some things we cannot choose
Like letting go of what we shouldn't lose
But I mean there are some things that will stay
Some things that we can never truly push away

It doesn't really matter what we say
Or what we choose to sometimes throw away
He never leaves, he will never go
It's something he always lets me know
Unless I want to throw away the key
That I know I gave to him already
Unless I want to take it from his hand
I'll always have a place where I can stand

And he knows what's in my heart before I speak
So I'll never leave, I'll never leave, I'll never leave

There are just some words that can't be said
Like darker things that leave me for dead
I'm talking about saying what's not true
It never feels right and you cannot move
Frozen for seems like all of time
Until you peel the skin off of the lies
Amazing how I stall to choose to live
When he never waits, but just forgives

It doesn't matter if walk away
Or what we think we know before tomorrow's today
He never leaves, he will never go
It's something that he always lets us know
So unless I want throw away the key
That unlocked his path to eternity
I'll never take it from his nail-scarred hands
And always have a place where I can stand

He created us to be with him in glory
So I'll never leave, I'll never leave, I'll never leave
Unless I say what I do not believe
I'll never leave, he'll never leave, I'll never leave

Comments

Popular Posts