The Deeper Meaning of This Blog

I lied. There's no deeper meaning. The shallower meaning is that I want to share my writing. Okay, maybe it's not shallow. But it's not exactly deep, so it's just the regular old meaning! Moving on from that pointless introductory part, lets get on with the real part of this first post.

I'm a dreamer. Writing is a way of seeing those dreams. I dream about dragons, magic, wizards, love, friendship, shadowy people, controlling elements...and so on. When I write, I get to see those things in words. In my very visual mind, the words become the person weaving fire around himself, or the silver brushing the surface of water with one iridescent wing.

My brain does not like to think inside the box. When you write, especially about fantasy, you get to think outside the box! Sure we have to obey the rules of grammar and mechanics and such but still, it's fun. Why else would I do it?

I write fiction - fantasy mostly - and songs. Just the lyrics. That makes me a lyricist. Pretty cool huh? Enough of this, you're saying, cool, but show me some real stuff already, and forget about this meaningless prattle!

Okay, keep your hair on. I'll post something for you.

Comments

Popular Posts