Another "this is who I am" song

I am still who I am
Still always swimming on dry land
Still making my own crazy plans
I haven't changed - this is who I am

I know I've been away
Been away and making changes
I've been learning how learn
And live and love, and crash and burn
I get it, I am not the same
No longer living like it's yesterday
I face the moments darling, can't you see
I wanna make my mark on history

But inside, still a girl just learning to fly
And when I come home, I'm still me in grown-up clothes

I am still who I am, [who I always was]
Still trying to swim on dry land, [because]
I am still that crazy girl, 
Always hiding from the world
I haven't changed who I am inside
I am who I am! 

In all the ways that count
I am still the same
And all my secret doubts
They are still the same
Maybe I've grown up
Or maybe still just little me 
Wondering who the hell I'm going to be

I am still who I am
Still trying to swim on dry land
Still making my own crazy pland
I haven't changed - this is who I am!

Comments

Popular Posts