Minding My Heart

All I want and all I need
Going back and forth between
Which is right, which is left
To sit abandoned by itself
All the songs I never wrote
All those candles' stunted growth
Late night hurting, fever's chill
I want a word, I need a will

All these red things piled up inside
Me
All these green things piled by the wayside
See?
My heart is not the same as my mind
My mind is not the same as my heart

Echoes echo in the caves
Once I was a little brave
I wish I could fly away
Maybe I could skip today
What does tomorrow look like
Before it has a face?
Little red wagons with green wheels
Don't turn me out, I'll drag my heels

All these orange things piled up so high
Whew
All these blue things piled up behind my eyes
I knew
My heart is not the same as my mind
My mind is not the same as my heart

And there, do you see it?
Hiding under the faintest spark
A thought, a word
Something waiting to be heard

All I want, all I need
Just the time in between
Yesterday and what's next
Give me a phone to send the text
Meet me here under the sky
When it's full of twinkling lights
All I have, all I don't
What I need, what I won't

All these yellow things piled up to the sun
I see
All these purple things ready to run
That's me
My heart is not the same as my mind
My mind is not the same as my heart

So you, you, you
I'll remember
You can mold my mind
And hold my heart

Comments

Popular Posts