Sunsets and Thunderstorms

"It's just a sunset!"
"Yeah, it's  a sunset, and it happens every day but that doesn't make it any less beautiful."
"Yeah, so it's beautiful every time. Nothing new."
"Wrong. It's a different sunset every day."
"My point is, there will always be a sunset, and if it's beautiful every time, when spend time looking at it every day?"
"Because. Eomma taught me to always search for the beautiful and treasure them. Then, when you only see the ugly things, you have all those beautiful memories."
"Can't we make beautiful memories not necessarily looking at the sunset?"
"Of course we can. It's just that we can also make beautiful memories staring at the sunset. Look at this conversation. Now you know why I love sunsets so much."
"Because they're beautiful?"
"Because they're always beautiful."
"You're always beautiful."
"Mm, cheesy, but I like it."

-

"You can't go outside, there's lighting!"
"I know, it's the best part. I love lightning."
"Stop putting your boots on, you're not going outside. It's dangerous."
"I'm scared of a lot of things, but lightning is not one of them. Come out with me. I'll  show you the wonder."
"You'll show me a tree falling on our heads. No."
"Well, I'm going, you can stay in. I won't think any less of you. Thunderstorms aren't for everyone."
"I can't believe you're not the least bit scared."
"Are you?"
"No, but I still don't want to tempt fate."
"Fate is fate, it doesn't change based on your fears."
"I'm not scared. I don't want something to happen to you."
"Thank you. I love you for that. And I'm going out."
"Wait! I'm coming!"
"Isn't it exhilarating?"
"This is what roller coasters are for."
"For you, maybe."
"We both hate roller coasters."
"I know."
"So this is how you get your thrills? Is this a rush for you? Aish!"
"Haha! Yeah, it's like delightful shivers down my spine. But, unlike roller coasters, these shivers are entirely pleasant. Now, splash in the puddles!"
"Really? How old are you?"
"Does it matter? I'm in the rain with thunder booming in my bones and lightning making my heart dance. Age is ambiguous; I am simply happy."
"You make me happy."
"Even when I make you jump in puddles in the middle of a thunderstorm?"
"Sigh...Yes."

Comments

Popular Posts